The tortured and tragic hero Raistlin


Young Raistlin, surrounded by love
Half-elven Tanis, woe-begone
Sister Kitiara and twin Caramon
At the Inn Of the Last Home

Black robed Raistlin, tortured by love
To save Krynn, he walked the path chosen
Magic alone deserved his devotion
His hourglass eyes, cursed by Par-Salian

All powerful Raistlin, denied all love
Even one of the white robed clerics
Crysania - together they entered the Abyss
To challenge the Dark Queen, Takhisis


Triumphant Raistlin, only truth and love
Convinced him, he'd be a god without Krynn
He gave it up, thus ended the life of Raistlin
He, who stopped the reign of the Queen

In death, redeemed by Paladine
Raistlin is now home at the Inn.


Copyright 2010 © ninotaziz.
All rights reserved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A tribute to one of my favourite tragic heroes for One Shot Wednesday.

I haven't read the Dragonlance series for years though the books are shelved and dusted faithfully. Time for a good read in my favourite corner.

19 comments:

  1. You did Raistlin justice. Enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i grew up reading dragonlance...raist is freaking awesome...big smiles tonight...

    nice one shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anthony and Brian,
    I am so glad both of you enjoyed this.

    There was so much to put down, I finally decided to keep it simple - trying to capture the essence of Raistlin Majere's life.

    You know what I am doing tonight. Can't wait to go back in time with the Dragonlance heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I will be reading this Dragonlance series, somehow I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have not read the Dragonlance series. Your stanzas make it sound very cool. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. The DragonLance series was written by many many writers, my favourite were Weis and Hickman collaboration. The world of Krynn was amazingly real in the 80s.

    I am sure you'd enjoy it, Goddess.

    Dustus,
    There must have been at least 30 books on DragonLance. My poem is a aheartfelt tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very intersting the myth and morals in this tell you have given everyone a taste for more...blessings...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice...enjoyed my stay in the inn of the last home...can you see the hourglass constelation in the sky...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I havent read Dragonlance you have me looking for it at the store.

    What a great piece in honor of your hero

    Thanks for the One Shot

    Hope you keep writing more of this like a poetry trilogy

    moon smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting One Shot - I'm not familiar with Raistlin, but now I'm curious to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He sure is a tragic character. fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Captivating and tragic,yet magical indeed! I love this Ninotaziz! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i meant to tell you that i love your new look on your blog...hope you are having a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Carrie,
    Thanks...I needed to streamline the look as there were too many images clashing with each other.

    You are featured in my interview at Poets United - do check it out! Click on the picture or go to

    http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2010/09/life-of-poet-ninot-aziz.html

    Loves,
    ninotaziz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Raistlin... I enjoyed reading it..
    Thanks for sharing...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog:http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now this, THIS, is writing. Nice One Shot. Love and Light, Sender

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ninot Ma'am,
    Not had a peek at the series. Is it not late in the day to start on it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. thoughtful and powerful piece.
    beautiful construction,
    Thanks for sharing with potluck.
    Happy Tuesday!
    u rock!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts - and friendship !

Related Posts with Thumbnails