Liberation



I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


                                                                                 Frank Herbert

Darkness.
night comes as a heavy cloak
thoughts cloud reality, and senses
run amok, beating at my ribcage
this is the moment of truth
can I face down this growing terror
which stays away in light of day
weakened by sheer sunny disposition
yet, at night it rears its ugly fervor
I will face my fear.

Inspiration.
she shies away if inhibited
when all she seeks is permission
granted, to open the path to healing
her light, can't be diminished
once she arrives, all is free
thought. action. passion.
will. solution. gumption. tension.
I no longer ask the question, to be or not to be
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Revelation.
I control my destiny, with His grace
so in the darkness that falls, I am comforted
by my prayers and faith, my tears and gratitude
I have a place to call my own, and my children
have known neither real pain nor cruel wrath
slowly, I feel the gentle calm return, I sigh
I breathe, I exhale, I settle to dream
Fear subsided into a gentle reminder to last
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye
                                                               - to see its path.

Self discovery.
Freedom from self persecution
I am here, giving my all to this life
Freedom from self denial, I choose
to walk through, eyes wide open
I stand to learn. to taste. to gain.
this is my quest. my all. my legacy.
the darkness will be lifted, my heart
will sing, like a nightingale again
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
                                                      - Only I will remain.

by ninotaziz. all rights remain.

________________________________________________

Samuel Peralta #Semaphore is a genius at excelling in both the world of science and art. Poetry to be specific. And he inspires us over at dVerse with carefully worded introductions to the greater playground of poetry.

It's okay, I missed the deadline. But not the lesson.

Frank Herbert is my all-time favorite writer. It is not by chance I write in both prose and poetry today.

This form is called the glosa. It was the form of choice by the likes of Neruda and Page. I am glad I discovered it today. Thank you,  Sam.

24 comments:

  1. love your journey in these words....the ones that jump out at most are...I control my destiny, with His grace
    so in the darkness that falls, I am comforted...i know that...but a wonderful journey as i said...nicely done on the glosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I loved this form and it was a heartfelt poem - again. Really based on my life at the moment. there are always challenges, and the best we can do is to rise above it all.

      Delete
  2. I love this form, which weaves such wonderful lines into your own stunning poem. I love it that your children have had such happy lives - perhaps our greatest healing is in seeing our children do well. A beautiful poem, Ninot. Was so nice to see your comment over at PU. Thanks! Isnt Leslie a wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. Sam is great at introducing forms - this is from the 14th century!

      She is, and ever so often , you meet such a gem.

      You know I am excited about next week!

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done, I love Frank Herbert's works because of the philosophical framework he brings to bear on his epics... and the cabeza you have here is a classic. And the glosa you weave around this seed is excellent, beginning with the single-word openings to each stanza, which establish the theme and collectively trace an evolution from fear to freedom... all the way to the familiar lines from the cabeza forming the envoi to each layer of thought. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam, I am touched by your words.

      I was a young student in Ottawa when I first read Frank Herbert, who took my breath away with his creation of worlds, alien and yet mirrors humanity so completely. To me he told such complete stories, and the beauty of his poetic prose was breathtaking.

      You must be right - our admiration for our chosen writer, pushes us to create something worthy of their influence in our lives, and written work.

      Can't thank you enough for sharing.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Anthony. I couldn't resist Samuel Peralta's invitation to write a glosa.

      And so, I returned to write poetry after a hiatus (sort of except for my ongoing experiments in French.

      Delete
  5. A great glosa. I so enjoyed that.. so I wrote a second glosa. I love how you describe a spiritual journey in those 4 stanzas.. the starting point being almost like a title, but still tightly tied into to the flow of the poem. Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This glosa was fuelled by my affection and awe for Frank Herbert.

      I do not know how a second attempt would turn out for me. But this one was heartfelt.

      Delete
  6. Great use of the form - and good luck on the journey. k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karin. The form is like a drug. Iam thinking of experimenting.

      Delete
  7. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Very nice, it's a big deal having fear twidt your way like a tornado or knife. Very inspirational and extremely well written!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Love the Frank Herbert reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written, each one, with an essence all its' own to give voice to those things that are so important to one who creates. I just received in the mail your book, that I ordered through the book store, and am looking forward to reading it. Congratulations on this accomplishment. Your grandmother would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Renee,

      Thank you. I sure hope my grandmother knew how much she inspired me. My mum too. I am lucky to have them. And all of you - thank you for your support.

      Delete
  10. Ninot Ma'am,
    Beautiful glosa. We're carried through all the way a little taken through fear initially. But how later we're lulled through the goodness of freedom and self discovery which many find it hard to find. Great write!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self discovery - everyday it takes you further. How are you doing Sir Hank?

      Delete
  11. This is so beautiful and such a powerful message too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joachim. I just tried to do a reading of this poem of mine. I hope the message got through.

      Delete
  12. I am glad I reached out to someone whom understands this life we live is a battle between self and faith. Fear and liberation.

    I hope all is well with you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came back for a slower, deeper read (I was exhausted last time), and am rather gob-smacked at how powerful this piece is. "I will turn the inner eye to see its path"....."my heart will sing like a nightingale again"......a glorious poem of affirmation and transcendence. Beautiful, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts - and friendship !

Related Posts with Thumbnails